Kim Sabel is an experienced and passionate creative with a rich design background. Her unique experiences thus far in her career allow her to bring a wide variety of talents to every project she touches, and every client she works with.
She currently licenses her art for use on products in various industries. If you would like to discuss an opportunity with Kim, please contact her directly here.
Kim's style is bold and full of fun! She loves bright, happy colors, playful geometric patterns, and urban painterly textures. She often includes hand-lettered, uplifting messages in her work. For Kim, to work is also to play - and she wouldn't have it any other way.
Over her 15+ year design career thus far, Kim has:
- co-founded a paper crafting business in 2001, named KI Memories - at the age of 26
- together with her husband and co-founder, grew the business into a multi-million dollar company with products in Target, JoAnn Stores, Michael's + thousands of boutiques worldwide
- developed several other brands under the same company umbrella, also with successfully-selling product lines
- designed several branded tradeshow booth displays per year, overseeing fabrication and assembly on site
- oversaw all marketing activities including print ads, catalogs, website, tradeshows
- served as lead product designer and creative director for the business until KI Memories' sale in 2012 to Hampton Art
- created new product categories in the paper craft market, which garnered industry-specific product awards
- developed a unique line of dimensional placemats, sold in Crate & Barrel and Bed, Bath & Beyond
- licensed art for products including greeting cards, gift wrap, stickers, patterned paper, stamps, albums, invitations, home goods and more
Kim loves spending time with her husband & son, dancing, doing anything creative and eating cupcakes.